Role of Diet in Maintaining Good Liver Health – Spring Meadows Hospital
The liver plays a vital role in keeping our body healthy and energetic. Its function is to remove those toxins and waste from our blood, which means it is actively involved in detoxification. Another essential function of the liver is to secrete bile juice, which is helpful in the process of metabolism.
In situations where we feel less energetic or lethargic and have symptoms like low appetite and nausea, it could mean our liver is not performing optimally. It could signify the onset of a liver disease, and if corrective steps are not taken, it could harm other organs involved in the digestive system.
Some Common Liver Conditions :
The liver is a vital organ, and thus, it can be associated with multiple liver diseases. If you face a lot of nausea, gastric problem, stomach ache, continuous vomiting then you must visit best liver disease treatment hospital in Delhi.
1. Hepatitis: Usually caused by alcohol, allergic reactions and an unhealthy lifestyle. Hepatitis is inflammation of the liver, which is caused by hepatitis virus A, B and C. So, do not forget to take hepatitis vaccination.
2. Liver cirrhosis: A severe liver disease which affects the livers productivity to a greater extent. It is permanent scarring which can lead to long term damage to the liver.
3. Liver failure: Heavy, fatty foods, excessive alcohol consumption or genetic disease can lead to liver failure.
4. Hemochromatosis: Sometimes, iron gets deposited in the liver, and thus, it also gets stored in various body parts leading to multiple health problems.
5. Gallstones: Gall bladder stones may be stuck in the bile duct. This often leads to liver inflammation or bile duct infection.
All these common problems are closely associated with food and a healthy lifestyle. It is recommended that you must visit liver disease treatment in Delhi, so that the doctors there can rightly diagnosis and treat you.
The liver works hard to remove unwanted things by filtering blood and removing chemicals which are present in medicines and even fruits and vegetables which are sprayed with pesticides from our body.
Specific dietary changes can go a long way in keeping our liver healthy.
How diet plays a vital role in maintaining good liver health
It is always recommended to cut down those things from your diet, which are not beneficial for you.
Here are some tips that can help prevent liver damage:
1. Keep a check on alcohol intake: Alcohol consumption in excess leads to liver disease. So, it is necessary to either cut down your intake to the minimum level or completely stop consuming it.
2. Reduce sugar in take: Refined sugar does not contain nutrients and can, in fact, increase the amount of fat in your liver. So learn to say no to ice creams, chocolates, highly sweetened and carbonated drinks.
3. Avoid fatty foods: Deep fried fast foods contain lots of unhealthy fats in the form of oil. This can lead to fat buildup in the long run leading to a slow performing liver. Also, avoid trans and saturated fats, which are most commonly found in processed foods.
4. Consume only fat-free dairy products: Avoid fatty milk products and opt for toned fat-free milk and milk products.
5. Include more fibre in your diet: Bread or sandwiches made with whole grains, fruits and vegetables contain fibre which is necessary for the liver to function properly. So, your diet should include more of these. Also, you can have whole wheat grain instead of refined flour.
6. Stay hydrated: Water should be taken sufficiently throughout the day to keep yourself hydrated as water is responsible for flushing out toxins from the liver. It is advisable to drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.
7. Reduce salty foods: Decrease the intake of sodium content from avoiding extremely salty food items like chips, pickles and other packaged food. Add less salt in home cooked food. Salt can also lead to hypertension, another lifestyle disorder.
8. Get omega 3 from fish: Omega 3 fatty acids are perfect for the liver and is found in plenty in fish. So, try to eat fish at least twice a week. If you are a vegetarian, you can have omega-3 fatty acids supplements in the form of capsules.
Doctors always suggest fasting and detoxification so that liver’s productivity can be enhanced. If you are gaining too much of weight and are addicted to junk foods, then you should visit liver treatment hospital in Delhi. Spring Meadows Hospital is regarded as one of the best liver treatment hospital in Delhi where the expert doctors can treat you well against liver diseases. They also guide you towards healthy lifestyle change, which is easy to adopt but requires commitment from your side. If you keep a check on diet and adopt a healthy lifestyle by staying physically active, exercising regularly, then your liver can function well without posing any problem to your liver.