Sports Injury Treatment
Spring Meadows Hospital provides the most comprehensive treatment for all types of sports injuries and other joint-related disorders. We ensure the speedy recovery of our patients and facilitate their return to regular sports activities as quickly and safely as possible. We are the best sports injury treatment hospital in Delhi and have our multi-disciplinary team of doctors who are sports injury specialists consists of orthopedic surgeons and physiotherapists, who work in conjunction with each other to devise a customized treatment plan for the patient.
Sports injuries can occur anytime, whether during exercise or while participating in a sport. While Children are particularly at risk for most of the time, but adults can get them, too.
You can be at the risk for sports injuries if you:
- haven’t been regularly active
- don’t warm up properly before exercise
- play contact sports
Types of sports injuries
Different sports injuries produce different types of symptoms and complications. The most common types of sports injuries include:
- Sprains. Overstretching or tearing of the ligaments results in a sprain. Ligaments are the pieces of tissue that connect two bones in a joint.
- Strains. Overstretching or tearing muscles or tendons results in a sprain. Tendons are thick, fibrous cords of tissue that connect bone to the muscle. Strains are commonly mistaken for sprains.
- Knee injuries. These types of injuries interfere with how the knee joint moves. It could range from an overstretch to a tear in the muscles or tissues in the knee.
- Swollen muscles. Swelling is a natural reaction to an injury. Swollen muscles may also be painful and weak.
- Achilles tendon ruptures. The Achilles tendon is a thin, powerful tendon at the back of your ankle. During sports, this tendon can break or rupture. Due to the ruptures, you may experience sudden and severe pain along with difficulty walking.
- Fractures. Bone fractures are also known as broken bones.
- Dislocations. Sports injuries may dislocate a bone in your body. This can be painful and leads to swelling and weakness.
- Rotator cuff injury. The rotator cuff keeps your shoulder moving in all directions. A tear in any of these muscles can weaken the rotator cuff.
At Spring Meadows Hospital you will get the best sports injury surgeon in Delhi for all types of sports injuries and any sort of joint-related disorders. Your treatment for injury will depend on the severity of the injury and the part of the body affected.