Gallbladder stones – Causes, Treatment & Surgery Hospital in Delhi
The gallbladder, a small pouch located under the liver, is used for collecting and storing the liquid bile. Bile is a digestive juice secreted by liver which is needed for the digestion of fats.
There are problems associated with gall bladder such as gall bladder stones, cholecystitis, gallstone pancreatitis. However, if due to any medical reason, gall bladder has been removed from the digestive system, it doesn’t create any problem or threat to human health.
What are gallstones?
Gallstones are formed in the gallbladder when the bile gets hardened due to several unclear reasons. Most of the gallstones are made of cholesterol while the remaining are composed of bilirubin and calcium salts. They may form stones with no symptoms at all or in other cases, display symptoms like nausea, vomiting or pain either in the center or upper right side of the abdomen.
Gallstones may be either pigment gallstones formed by excess bilirubin or cholesterol gallstones which are formed when cholesterol is not dissolved. Tiny gallstones which do not display any symptoms are usually harmless and can be left with no treatment.
Even though the medical world is not very clear about why gallstones are developed in the body, doctors point out specific reasons for their causes.
The following are some of the most important causes of formation of gallstones:
1. Incomplete emptying by the gallbladder: For the healthy functioning of the gallbladder, the bile needs to be emptied, but sometimes due to a variety of reasons the gallbladder is left partially. Thus, the residual bile gets concentrated and can lead to the formation of stone formation.
2. Excess cholesterol in bile: The yellowish liquid bile produced by the liver performs the function of dissolving cholesterol. When the cholesterol produced is too much for the bile to dissolve, it results in their hardening and forming into gallstones.
3. Excess bilirubin: When red blood cells are broken down, the chemical bilirubin is formed. Bilirubin is sometimes produced more than needed due to causative factors like disorders of the blood, infections of the biliary tract and liver cirrhosis. This new formation of bilirubin also leads to the creation of gallstones.
4. Obesity: Research also points out obesity as one of the factors associated with the formation of the gallstones. Obese people have too much fat accumulated in the body because of their improper diets and
5. Side effects of certain medications: Sometimes, gallstones are formed as a byproduct of certain medications such as birth control pills or drugs which are meant to reduce cholesterol in your body.
Treatment of gallstones involves surgical procedures to remove the stone or other medical practices such as the administration of antibiotics, which can help in dissolving the gallstones. Consult the gallbladder surgery specialist at Spring Meadows Hospital & visit for gallbladder surgery in Delhi. Here are some common ways used to treat gallstones:
1. Laparoscopic Gallstone Treatment: A surgical method used to remove gall bladder from your abdomen. The doctors at Spring Meadows Hospital firstly administer the patient with local anesthesia followed by making three to four incision in the gut. Through these incisions made, light and the small device is inserted for removal of the gall bladder. You can talk to our coordinators for consultation with Gallbladder Surgery expert and know the cost for gallbladder surgery in delhi.
2. Through antibiotics: Gall bladder stone treatment can be carried out by prescribing some medicines to the patients. These antibiotics can dissolve the gall stones (if they have been formed due to excess cholesterol). However, this is not the most recommended gall bladder stone treatment as the process is slow, and the risk of formation of gallstones is high. Ursode oxycholic acid is prescribed for dissolving small gallstones.
3. Contact solvent dissolution: A rare technique used for dissolving gallstones is the solvent dissolution. In this technique, a needle is inserted into the gall bladder, and a chemical is injected for dissolving the gall stones.
If you undergo best gall bladder stone treatment Delhi, then you must take care post-surgery. You may face runny or watery stools along with abdomen pain once your gall bladder has been removed. However, you do not have to worry much as these problems will fade away with time, and you will lead a healthy life.
One of the best gall bladder stone treatment in Delhi is carried out at Spring Meadows hospital. The doctors here can rightly help you in diagnosing the severity of gall bladder stones in your abdomen. Through proper diagnosis, the gall bladder stone treatment can be employed.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Avoid junk food.
- Avoid fat and carbohydrate rich food.
- A balanced diet is highly recommended.
- Stay away from fatty meats.
- Avoid High-Fat Dairy Products.
- Avoid eating processed foods.
Feel free to to Call: 8585977277
choose Spring Meadows Hospital for Gallbladder Surgery in Delhi