You should consider a lot of questions before pursuing a spine surgery. Your spine doctor will suggest you a surgery only in very severe condition and when all the other treatment methods have failed to work. Before going for a surgery you should gather as much knowledge as you can about the types of surgery and their procedures. You should find out with your spine specialist that which surgery option will work the best for you. Whether you should go for the traditional surgery or you should go for the minimally invasive spine surgery? Understand the major difference between the two of them and find out what is going to work the best for you.
Your doctor will recommend surgery only in the case when you have:
- Significant weakness in your arm or leg or limb along with the problems
in your spinal cord.
- All the conservative treatments have failed to provide you any relief.
- Patients who are obese and are unable to do exercises and physical therapies.
In traditional spine surgery, there will be complete exposure to anatomy whereas in the minimally invasive surgery less of the anatomy is seen and the recovery of the patient is also faster. The main purpose of the minimally invasive surgical procedure is to ensure minimum blood loss, faster recovery, lower infection rates and reduced time of stay in the hospital. If you are experiencing any sort of spine problems then you can visit us for a consultation as we are one of the best hospital for spine surgery in Greater Kailash. At Spring Meadows hospital we provide expert orthopedic treatments in:
- Lumbar Canal Stenosis
- Spondylosis & Spondylolisthesis
- Prolapsed Disc (Slip Disc)
- Tuberculosis of the Spine
- Spinal Deformity (Scoliosis or Kyphosis)