Time To Say Goodbye To Gallbladder Problems And Gallstones
Gallstones and gall bladder problems are very common, affecting almost 25 million people every year in the USA. People with high levels of cholesterol are more prone to this problem. The bad cholesterol along with other substances like fats present in the bile solidify into stone-like objects within the gall bladder, thereby causing pain and discomfort.
What are the symptoms of gallstones?
Some of the most common indications of gallstones are –
- Unbearable pain in your upper-right part of the abdomen. Sometimes the pain spreads towards chest and back.
- Nausea and vomiting are common occurrences too. Sometimes acid reflux, gas and other digestive problems can cause severe discomfort.
- Gallstones can cause chronic diarrhoea. If you have to go to the toilet for more than 4 times a day for more than 3 months in a row, then consult a doctor without procrastinating.
- Some people might also be affected by jaundice because of gallstones.
- The usual colour of the stool and urine changes. Stool becomes lighter in colour while the urine becomes darker; this happens when the bile duct is choked.
Thankfully, treating gallstones is very easy with advanced treatment options like minimally invasive surgery. This is the most popular method of treating gallstones, and for that, Spring Meadows Hospital is by far the Best General and Minimal Access Surgery Hospital in Delhi.
Why is minimally invasive surgery more preferred?
Minimally invasive surgeries do not require much time. Besides, minimal incision means minimal blood loss, which is certainly beneficial for the patient.
The recovery time is also very short – the scar diminishes pretty fast and the accuracy rate is also quite high; way higher than traditional surgery.
Moreover, the patient does not have to stay in the hospital for a long time which means they can resume daily activities in no time!
How to take care of yourself after gallstone surgery?
You see, the recovery time is quite fast in case of minimally invasive surgery, but you have to take care of a few things such as –
- Avoid food that is rich in fats, like deep-fried or greasy food or gravies or mayonnaise as much as possible after the surgery, and continue to follow this at least for a week or so.
- You must include more fibre in your diet; have more whole fruits, green leafy vegetables, whole wheat, oats, barley and other fibrous foods. Fibre-rich food will ensure that your bowel movement is regularized. But do not have too much of fibre, rather maintain a balance otherwise you might face bloating and cramps.
- Eat less at a time but eat frequently. Give your bile adequate chance to mix with the food well so that the food is digested properly and easily.
- Have lean protein such as chicken, fish, etc.
- Cut down your caffeine, sugar and dairy product intake.
If you are suffering from gall bladder stones then check with the medical experts at Spring Meadows Hospital, the best Gallbladder Surgery Hospital in Delhi. With its state-of-the-art medical infrastructure and highly trained team of healthcare professionals, you will speed back to a healthy life in no time!